In partnership with Golf Channel and NBC Sports, Teeofftimes.co.uk and BRS Golf are part of the GolfNow family of brands. Rory McIlroy's participation is subject to his availability. Only correct answers will be entered.
This competition is now closed. Thanks for entering! Stay tuned for the winner announcement.
TEEOFFTIMES BY GOLFNOW “TEE IT UP WITH RORY” COMPETITION PRESENTED BY TAYLORMADE
Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 21 May 2018
“Competition”: Teeofftimes by GolfNow “Tee it Up with Rory” Competition presented by TaylorMade.
“Minimum Age”: 18.
“Territory”: UK and Ireland.
“Prize”: A five (5) night trip for one Winner and one (1) companion (aged 18 or over) between 27 September 2018 and 07 October 2018 (exact dates at Promoter’s sole discretion) comprising the following elements:
- Return economy class flights departing from an airport located in the Winner’s nearest city (to be decided at Promoter’s sole discretion based on availability) to an airport located in Belfast, Northern Ireland (to be decided at Promoter’s sole discretion based on availability);
- Accommodation at the Roe Park Resort (10 Lisnakilly Road, Limavady BT49 9LB, Northern Ireland) (“Hotel”) in a standard room with double occupancy; for the avoidance of doubt, meals are not included. Please note that the Winner or their companion may be required to provide a valid credit-card on check-in.
- The opportunity for Winner and their companion to play a 18 hole round of golf at the Hotel (date and time to be confirmed by Promoter based on availability).
- The opportunity for Winner and their companion to play a 18 hole round of golf with Rory McIlroy at the Royal Portrush Golf Club (Dunluce Road, Portrush BT56 8JQ) or at an alternative location decided at Promoter’s sole discretion on a date to be determined by the Promoter (“Event”). Please note that the participation of Rory McIlroy at the Event is subject to his professional commitments and availability.
- The opportunity for the Winner and their companion to play a 18 hole round of golf at the Castlerock Golf Club (65 Circular Rd, Castlerock, Coleraine BT51 4TJ) (date and time to be confirmed by Promoter based on availability).
- 1 x rental car for length of the trip (model of rental car to be determined by Promoter at their sole discretion).
- Please note: Availability of the rental car is subject to Winner (and/or their companion, as applicable) fully complying with all requirements of rental car company’s rules and regulations as well as having a valid driver’s license, a major credit card in good standing and the Winner being twenty-five (25) years of age or older. If Winner does not qualify to receive rental car, Promoter will reimburse Winner and companion’s reasonable ground transport (subject to Winner and their companion providing valid receipts) between Hotel, Event, Castlerock Golf Club, Roe Park Resort and the airport in Northern Ireland only, costs will be reimbursed by Promoter. ,
- A set of TaylorMade golf clubs each for Winner and their companion (colour(s), size and style may be subject to change based on availability):
- M3 Driver
- 2 x M3 Fairway
- M3 Rescue
- M4 Irons (4-PW, 7 pc set)
- 2 x MG Wedge
- Spider Putter
- 2 x TP5x Dozen (2)
- FlexTech Stand Bag
“Starting Time”: 10:05:00 (BST) on 11 June 2018.
“Closing Time”: 23:59:59 (BST) on 31 August 2018.
“Selection Period”: From Closing Time to 23:59:59 (BST) on 03 September 2018
“Notification Period”: From Closing Time to 23:59:59 (BST) on 04 September 2018 (inclusive).
“Response Deadline”: Within fourteen (14) from the date Winner is notified, as per the Notification Period. Please note that within this Response Deadline, Promoter will request, and Winner and any companion must provide and/or complete (as applicable), any relevant documentation required to fulfil the Prize including a waiver form. If such information is not provided in the applicable timescales, Promoter reserves the right to select another winner.
“Delivery Timescale”: Any necessary tickets and/or documentation required for Winner’s fulfilment of Prize will be sent to Winner in advance of their departure date.
“Entry Limit”: Once only.
“Prize Conditions”: Please review full terms and conditions below – please note that it is the responsibility of the Winner and their companion to familiarise themselves with, and ensure that they satisfy, all relevant entry and exit requirements of the travel destination.
- Winner and their companion are responsible for organising their own visas and any visa or passport charges (if applicable).
- Travel insurance shall not be provided and shall be the responsibility of the Winner and their companion.
- Winner and their companion must have a full passport valid for six (6) months from the date of travel with two clear pages, and obtain any further documents required for travel.
- Winner and their companion are responsible for any necessary vaccinations and must check with their General Practioner before travelling that their vaccinations are up to date.
By entering the Competition via the Website, you acknowledge and agree that you accept and will be bound by the following terms and conditions (“T&Cs”) relating to the Competition.
1. PROMOTER: The promoter of the Competition is GolfNow, LLC a company registered in Delaware with registered number 5343251 and whose registered office is at 1201 N Market Street Suite 1000, Wilmington, New Castle County, Delaware 19801 ( “Promoter”) . If you have any questions or concerns in relation to the Competition, you can email the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Promoter 7 Clarendon Road, City Quays 1, Belfast BT1 3BG marking your letter or mail for the attention of Teeofftimes by GolfNow Marketing Team and giving the name of the Competition and details of the question or concern.
2. ELIGIBILITY: (a) AGE Entrants must be the Minimum Age or over. (b) RESIDENCE Entrants must be legally resident in the Territory. (c) EMPLOYEES The following entities or persons are not eligible to enter the Competition: (i) any employee or agent of the Promoter and their immediate families and household members; (ii) any employee of any entity within the same corporate group as the Promoter; (iii) any person who is, and any employee of any entity which is, involved in any way with the organisation, management, promotion and/or administration of the Competition, including without limitation any persons or entities providing the Prize. (d) INELIGIBLE ENTRIES The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion at any time to (i) ask any entrant for proof that they satisfy any and all applicable eligibility requirements and to (ii) disqualify an entrant from the Competition in accordance with paragraph 9 below if, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, that entrant has not proved to the Promoter that they satisfy any and all eligibility requirements for the Competition.
3. DATES: The Competition starts at the Starting Time and closes at the Closing Time. Any entries submitted before the Competition opens and/or after the Closing Time (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason) will be invalid and will not be entered into the Competition. Only eligible entries to the Promoter’s Website, and only eligible entries that comply with the relevant instructions for Bonus Entry, between the Starting Time and the Closing Time, will be entered into the Competition, and the computer of the Promoter of the Competition on behalf of the Promoter will be the official timekeeper for all matters relating to the Competition.
4. ENTRY: (a) GENERAL: Entrants must follow the Competition instructions set out on the Website (“Competition Instructions”). Once an entry is submitted, it cannot be amended in any way. The Promoter will not accept entries which (i) do not comply with the Competition Instructions and/or these T&Cs and/or (ii) entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, are illegible, unviewable, indecipherable, inaudible, incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged and/or otherwise defective (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason) (b) WEBSITE For Website Entry, Entrants must follow the Competition instructions set out on the Website to enter. Once an entry is submitted, it cannot be amended in any way. The Promoter will not accept entries which (i) do not comply with the Competition Instructions and/or these T&Cs and/or (ii) entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, are illegible, unviewable, indecipherable, inaudible, incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged and/or otherwise defective (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason). (c) MULTIPLE, AUTOMATED AND MACHINE ASSISTED ENTRIES The number of times an entrant may enter the Competition is restricted to the applicable Entry Limit and entrants may not submit more entries than the number specified as the Entry Limit. Where any Entry Limit limits the number of entries on a “per day” basis, the day will start at 00:00:01 (BST) and will end at 23:59:59 (BST). Any entries made by an entrant in excess of the Entry Limit(s) will be invalid and will not be entered into the Competition. Entrants are not permitted to enter as part of a syndicate or on behalf of any other person or entity. The authorised holder of the applicable social media account used to enter the Competition via Bonus Entry One, on Twitter, will be deemed to be the Competition entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify, in accordance with paragraph 9 below, any entries which, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, appear to be multiple (in violation of the Entry Limit), bulk, automated, machine assisted, third party, syndicate and/or other group entries. (d) LOST ENTRIES The Promoter has no liability for any entry that is not received by the Promoter in accordance with these T&Cs and the Competition Instructions (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason). (e) WEBSITE ACCESS The Promoter does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Website and/or the Competition page on the Website and has no liability for any technical issues whatsoever encountered by entrants to the Competition.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: Within the Selection Period, the Promoter will randomly select one Competition winner (“Winner”) from the pool of entrants who are eligible to be entered into the random prize draw. The pool of entrants will be made up of all entrants who satisfy the eligibility requirements and the other rules, requirements and instructions set out in these T&Cs and the Competition Instructions and have not otherwise been disqualified from the Competition pursuant to these T&Cs. The random selection of the Winner will be made by (i) a computer process that produces verifiably random results, (ii) by an independent person, (iii) under the supervision of an independent person and/or (iv) in accordance with any other requirements of the laws and regulations applicable to the Competition in the Territory. Provided that the Promoter complies with these T&Cs and (where applicable) ensures that any independent selection process complies with these T&Cs, the selection of the Winner is final and binding and no correspondence relating to selection of the Winner will be entered into by the Promoter.
6. PRIZE: (a) GENERAL The Winner will win the Prize. The Prize is strictly non-transferable, non-exchangeable and may not be re-sold. No cash or any other alternative is available for the Prize. If the Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute it with a prize that the Promoter reasonably deems to be of at least the same value. The Prize does not include and/or cover any costs, taxes, fees, expenses and/or arrangements not expressly specified in the Prize description (“Ancillary Costs”). The Winner is solely responsible for any and all Ancillary Costs and the Promoter is not liable to reimburse a Winner for any Ancillary Costs they incur. The Promoter makes no representation or warranty in relation to the Prize and, to the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter will have no liability to the Winner in relation to the Prize, its fitness for purpose, merchantability or otherwise. The Promoter will have no liability in respect of the Prize if it is lost or stolen following delivery. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and their associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond Promoter’s control and for any act or default of any third party supplier. (b) CHEQUES, VOUCHERS AND GIFTCARDS If the Prize is, or includes, a cheque, voucher, store credit and/or giftcard, these will be issued in the name of the Winner only and cannot be issued to any third party. The Promoter will have no liability in respect of such a Prize if a third party refuses to accept a cheque, voucher, storecredit and/or giftcard because it has been tampered with, defaced, duplicated, damaged in any way and/or because it is no longer valid. The terms and conditions of any third party that issued and/or administers the cheque, voucher, store credit and/or giftcard will apply and the Promoter will have no liability in respect of such a Prize if a third party’s terms and conditions result in the winner being unable to use any element of the Prize or restrict Winner’s use of the Prize in any way. (c) TRAVEL INSURANCE The Prize does not include travel insurance and it is the responsibility of the Winner and their companion(s) to take out such insurance and the Promoter will not have any liability for any failure by the Winner and/or their companion(s) to take out such insurance. The Promoter shall not be liable if the Winner and/or their companion(s) are not for any reason able to obtain appropriate travel insurance or if the Winner and/or their companion(s) do anything or omit to do anything which invalidates the travel insurance cover. (d) TRANSFERS Unless otherwise specified in the Prize description, the Winner and their companion(s) are solely responsible for ground transportation to and from the departure and destination airports. (e) COMPANIONS If the Prize description provides for the Winner to be accompanied by a companion or companions, their companion(s) must be aged 18 or over and must travel at the same time as the Winner on the same itinerary (unless otherwise specified in the Prize description). The Promoter shall not be liable if the Winner is not accompanied by a companion or companions when permitted to be so and the Winner shall not be entitled to any compensation (monetary or otherwise) if the Winner is not accompanied by any permitted companion(s). (f) TRAVEL DATES The Prize must be taken within the dates specified in the Prize description and any companion(s) must be able to travel during those dates d and no extension to those dates will be made available. If the Winner does not take the Prize during the specified dates, the Prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will not be liable and shall not be required to provide the Winner and/or their companion(s) with any compensation (monetary or otherwise). (g) THIRD PARTY T&Cs: The Prize is also subject to, and the Winner and any companion must comply with, the terms, conditions, rules, regulations and requirements of any travel agency, airline, hotel and other supplier providing elements of the Prize (“Third Party Requirements”) and it is the responsibility of the Winner and their companion(s) to familiarise themselves with any applicable Third Party Requirements. The Promoter is not liable if the Winner and/or their companion(s) fail to comply with any applicable Third Party Requirements. (h) TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS The Winner and their companion(s) must make their travel arrangements through the Promoter or Promoter’s designated agent (as applicable) and use the carriers and providers selected by the Promoter or its designated agent. Reservations are subject to availability and, once issued, tickets are non-transferable and may not be reissued. Open tickets may not be issued and stop-overs are not permitted. The Winner and any companion(s) must follow the itinerary provided by the Promoter or its designated agent and no diversions from the itinerary are permitted. It is the responsibility of the Winner and their companion(s) to familiarise themselves with and ensure that they satisfy all entry and exit requirements of the travel destination (including without limitation a requirement to hold a valid machine readable passport (in some cases with a specified amount of time left on the passport before its expiry date and/or with a specified number of unstamped pages), visa, ESTA and/or any other documentation). The Promoter shall not be liable if the Winner and/or their companion(s) is/are refused entry to or exit from the travel destination because they do not hold the necessary documentation and/or do not satisfy the travel destination’s entry or exit requirements and the Winner and their companion(s) are solely responsible for any costs associated with refused entry or exit. It is the responsibility of the Winner and their companion(s) to check any government travel advisories relating to the travel destination and to determine what action (if any) to take in relation to any such advisories. The Promoter shall not be liable if the Winner and their companion(s) do not check whether any relevant advisories have been issued, if they choose to travel despite the advice given in any relevant advisory or if they choose not to travel on the advice given in any relevant advisory (in which case the Promoter shall not be obliged to provide any compensation (monetary or otherwise) to the Winner and their companion(s)). It is the responsibility of the Winner and their companion(s) to establish whether any vaccinations and/or prescription medicines are recommended prior to travel to the travel destination and the Promoter shall not be are liable if the Winner and their companion(s) fail to make such checks or do not follow any advice received having made such checks.
7. PRIZE CONFIRMATION AND ACCEPTANCE: (a) CONFIRMATION Within the Notification Period, the Promoter will notify the Winner that they have won the Prize by sending an email (“Prize Notification”) to the email address (“Email Address”) provided by the Winner at the time of entering the Competition on the Website (as applicable). (b) ACCEPTANCE The Promoter must receive a response (“Response”) from the Winner to the applicable Prize Notification by no later than the Response Deadline. The Response must be sent to the Promoter in accordance with the instructions contained in the Prize Notification and must include any information requested by the Promoter in the Prize Notification and/or must be as per the Prize Conditions (including without limitation any information requested by the Promoter to prove that the Winner satisfies the Competition eligibility requirements) and the Prize will not be released to the Winner unless and until all such information has been received by the Promoter. If, prior to the Response Deadline, (i) the Promoter does not receive a Response, (ii) the Response received by the Promoter does not include all information requested by the Promoter in the Prize Notification and/or the Prize Conditions as applicable (iii) the Promoter is unable to contact the Winner via Prize Notification, the Promoter reserves the right to deem the Prize forfeited and may, in its sole discretion, select another winner. Proof of sending a Response does not constitute proof of receipt of the Response. Subject to Promoter receiving a Response and all information requested by the Promoter prior to the Response Deadline, the Prize will be delivered to the Winner in accordance with the Delivery Timescale.
8. DISQUALIFICATION: The Promoter is entitled in its sole discretion at any time to disqualify any entrant and/or any individual entry from the Competition without any liability on the Promoter’s part if (i) that entrant and/or entry fails to comply with these T&Cs and/or the Competition requirements in any way and/or (ii) the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that that entrant has acted fraudulently, dishonestly, inappropriately and/or improperly in connection with the Competition. Without limitation, if the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that any entry has been generated by a script, software, macro or other automated means then the Promoter will be entitled to disqualify that entry and the relevant entrant in accordance with this paragraph. If a disqualified entrant is the Winner, the Promoter has the right to deem the Prize forfeited and, if the Prize has already been delivered to the Winner, the Promoter shall be entitled to recover the Prize from the Winner at the Winner’s cost.
9. BEHAVIOUR: The Winner and their companion(s) must not engage in any inappropriate, illegal, dangerous and/or immoral behaviour, must not use excessive alcohol, artificial stimulants, chemical subtances and/or any illegal drugs and must not act in any other manner that may bring the Promoter into disrepute (“Inappropriate Behaviour”). If the Winner and/or their companion(s) engage in any Inappropriate Behaviour the Promoter reserves the right to deem the Prize (or any Prize element remaining unused at the time of the Inappropriate Behaviour) forfeited and the Promoter is not liable in any way for the consequences of any Inappropriate Behaviour, including without limitation any costs and/or expenses incurred by the Winner and their companion(s) as a result of the Inappropriate Behaviour and the forfeiting of the Prize in whole or in part.
10. WINNER’S PERSONAL DATA: The Promoter reserves the right to publish in all media and to disclose to third parties the Winner’s first name, surname and area of residence (“Winner’s Data”). The Winner’s Data can be obtained by sending a written request to the Registered Office marked for the attention of the TeeoffTimes by GolfNow Marketing Team, stating the name of the Competition and enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope.
11. PUBLICITY: The Winner may be required by the Promoter to participate in publicity in connection with the Competition, their Prize and/or the Promoter and by entering the Competition all entrants agree that if they win the Competition they will, participate in and cooperate with the Promoter in connection with any publicity activity reasonably requested by the Promoter. Entrants acknowledge and agree that copyright in any publicity materials in which they and/or their details appear is the property of the Promoter and that the Promoter will be entitled to exploit such publicity materials in any and all media throughout the world in any manner it deems fit.
13. CANCELLATION AND AMENDMENT: The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, postpone and/or amend the Competition and/or these T&Cs at any time without prior notice if any unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control make it reasonably necessary or prudent to do so.
14. SEVERABILITY: If any part of these T&Cs is be determined to be illegal, void and/or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such part shall be severed and deleted, to the extent of such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability, and the remaining parts of these T&Cs shall remain in full force and shall continue to be binding and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law.
15. RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES: These T&Cs do not create any right or benefit enforceable by any person not a party to them (within the meaning of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999).
16. JURISDICTION: These T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the Promoter and all entrants to the Competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.